Are you currently having issues with your car? There are some car repairs that you can do yourself if you have basic knowledge about car maintenance. If you need the services of a professional, though, you will need to know how to find a reputable mechanic for good price. Below are some tips to help you.
If your car starts to make a louder noise than usual, it is likely that your muffler needs to be replaced. Since it is difficult to work under a car without a lift, this is a job that is best done at a shop. If you do not fix it, it is possible to get a ticket for your muffler sounding too loud.
If you hire a mechanic, make sure they do not perform unnecessary repairs on your vehicle. They need to get your approval before any repairs done. If they try to charge you for unneeded repairs, you should find another mechanic.
Write down all the work that is been done on your car and when it was done. Most mechanic shops will have the information themselves, but that is only beneficial if you go to the same shop for everything. These records can help to diagnose problems with your car. When you do have problems, give Pinellas affordable towing a call to help you.
Ask your mechanic if they are ASE certified. For a mechanic to earn the certification, they must pass a written test and have work experience. Mechanic with the certification is likely to be competent.
As with most things, the more knowledgeable you are about a subject, the better you can deal with it. This includes repairs to your car. By using the knowledge here, you can be more confident about having your car repaired. By having a better understanding of car repairs, you can potentially save yourself money and headache.
Well, here we go again. I bought this POS Jetta Diesel that I thought was going to be a sweet deal and a cheap car to drive. The story was – one owner before me and she blew the engine and this mechanic that I met lent up with the car and rebuilt the engine as good as new. Yeah, right.
So I paid slightly over bluebook and took possession of this rolling money hole. First, it blows oil all over the frickin place. Time to have it towed. $100 for the tow, $400 for the repair.
I have it back 3 weeks, then it’s blowing coolant on the ground. $100 for the tow, $400 for the repair.
Okay – 2 months in a row, I’d dropped $500 or more into this damn car. If the people at Reno Towing Company hadn’t been so nice – I’d of thought they were in on it.
So I dumped the car and bought a BMW. What the hell. If I was going to drop $500 a month on a vehicle, it might as well be a BMW. By the way, I added full warranty and free towing (just in case). Sorry Reno Towing – I won’t be needing you again.
There are 3 pretty straight forward methods of getting rid of a gopher. Not a golfer, that you’ll get locked up for. I’m talking about those hairy, little bastards; gophers.
1. Non Lethal
Pet droppings. That’s right. Get your pet droppings and scatter them all around the gopher holes. Keep your cat litter, save your dog droppings, and throw that stuff right down the gopher hole. You won’t need very much, but the more the merrier, those little bastards deserve the worst. Cats and dogs are natural gopher predators so the smell of their number 2s is a natural deterrent to pesky gophers. When they smell the poop, they will assume a predator is nearby and high-tail it right out of your golf course.
2. Use smells that gophers don’t like
Gophers have sensitive noses, so if they smell something they don’t like, they will probably leave. Here are some ideas of smelly things gophers are going to hate.
- Fish. Save your fish guts next time you’re out on the open waters. Gophers hate fish, little known fact about the animal kingdom. It’s like cats and dogs, but the kinds that don’t like each other.
- Castor oil. I don’t even know what it is, but I know gophers hate it. Put it in a spray bottle and apply heavily around the gopher holes.
- Coffee grounds. Don’t throw our your coffee grounds! Well, I mean obviously don’t throw out perfectly good coffee grounds, make some coffee with them, but then don’t throw out what’s leftover. Gophers are very sensitive to coffee grounds because they can’t handle the caffeine. Silly gophers, coffee is delicious. Boy, are they missing out.
- Dryer sheets. Get your laundry soft, but don’t throw out the used sheet. Gophers are rugged animals and don’t like to be soft because then it makes them look like sissies to other gophers.
- Tabasco. Gophers are sensitive to spicy foods, especially tabasco. Such a shame. I love a little tabasco. Once I exploded tabasco all over the kitchen at the golf course and had to get everything cleaned. The only saving grace was this kitchen hood cleaning Sacramento.
That’s right. Good old fashioned dynamite. This is my personal favorite. I really like blowing things up and gophers are no exception to the rule. As a groundskeeper you have to know when enough is enough and when you need to bring out the big guns. Sometimes you really just have to lay down two, three, four, five, six, twenty sticks of dynamite in your gopher holes and just blow those little suckers sky high. Now you’ll have some damages to the grounds, sure, but any gopher within 200 miles of that blast will know for sure not to wander into your golf course.
4. Some Stupid Gopher Plant
This isn’t as fun as the dynamite and requires you to plant some stuff, which isn’t so bad, I guess, but it’s not like blowing anything up. There is a plant called Gopher Spurge. This is supposed to drive away gophers, but I don’t know if it works at all. Personally I think you are crazy if you read past dynamite.